ShareThis

February 2015 Goal - Finished!

 Saturday, February 28, 2015

I am so excited to finally share with you my finished goal for February!  I couldn't post until today because today was my sister's baby shower and I did not want her to see this ahead of time.  I wanted it to be a surprise and I just loved how it turned out!  I can't wait to photograph baby Chloe on it.  Yes, my sister's baby decided to show up a little bit early, but thankfully everyone is doing great and hopefully Chloe will get out of the hospital soon!

So let's get to the pictures because I know that it is everyone's favorite part.  At least it is mine.  Here is the finished quilt top before quilting!


The quilt was a little bit harder to photograph then I had hoped because it was kind of big (36 x 48 inches), but that should make it a great play quilt for Chloe to play on.  I decided to quilt wavy lines on it because I did not want to detract from the pattern and I wanted it to be soft for Chloe to lay on so dense quilting would not have worked either.  




I picked a wavy lines coral print that I had used in the quilt top for the binding.


My sister's favorite fabric was the cloud print, so I used this for the back.


Here is my sister at the shower right after she opened her gift.  I think she liked it!


Since I had leftover fabric, I also made her a couple of bibs using Camille Roskelley's Charming Bibs pattern.  This is a really great pattern and it makes some nice larger bibs for when the kids get older.  Here is Bib #1 modeled by my youngest.


She is just getting so big.  I wish she would stop!  Oh well, what can you do.  Here is Bib #2.


Linking up to 2015 - A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Melissa from Sew Bitter Sweet Designs and Shanna from Fiber of All Sorts.


Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

Lisa February 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM  

So pretty - I absolutely love the soft colours! The wavy lines are perfect - they add to the soft look of the quilt. I have to say I agree with your sister, the cloud print is adorable.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP