ShareThis

February 2014 - Goal

 Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Okay, I hate to say it but I did not start the new year off very good, however, it isn't totally my fault!  I wasn't able to complete my January goal due to how crazy busy I was at work this past month.  The beginning of the year is usually hard for accountants anyways, but the person who works for me needed surgery, so I had to do her job as well as inheriting payroll because our human resource person left in December!  Ugh!  Let's just say I am definitely not a fan of payroll and every other Thursday is not a fun day for me!  With that being said, January is now over (Yea!!!) and the tax deadlines are met, so hopefully I can start to quilt again!

As you can see I didn't make it very far on my last month's goal of completing my quilt sample, so I am going to "repeat" my January goal for February.  The plan is to get this quilt sample finished and off to my local quilt shop, so they have one of my "pieces" to show potential customers!  So wish me luck!




Linking up to Fiber of All Sorts.  


Happy Quilting!


5 comments:

Lisa February 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM  

I am glad that January is over for you! I hope you have lots of time to quilt in the near future! I must say that your pictures in this post are awesome - love the angle in the last 2.

Teresa Silva February 5, 2014 at 8:31 AM  

I'm sorry you're so busy at work! Hope you get more sew time and longarm time in the future! That will make you feel better for sure.

Natasha February 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM  

I am amazed you got that done with what your work load sounds like. I hate it when work gets in the way of being creative. I think it is fantastic that you are an accountant with a creative outlet. Typically those sides of the brain don't work together. :)

Tonya February 7, 2014 at 7:16 AM  

Looking good Melissa! Great pictures too!

Kathy@KayakQuilting February 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM  

This is going to be a super quilt....love the colors! As a retired accountant, I totally understand how one needs to rearrange non-work priorities this time of year! I had to wait until I retired to exercise my creative brain (somehow people do not always appreciate "creative accounting"...go figure) with quilting. So congratulations for finding this opportunity now!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Designed by HotBliggityBlog

Back to TOP